The Currency Switcher performs the currency detection only once, at the first visit to a site, then it stores the information against the user session. If you visit the same site from multiple locations, you will always see the currency detected the first time. This is done to improve performances and to provide a consistent experience to the users, who will always see the site as they have left it.
The geolocation mechanism is very robust and, unless an external factor interferes with it (reverse proxies, cache, VPN) it works consistently. If you would like test that your site receives the correct information for the detection, you can do as follows:
- In WooCommerce > Currency Switcher Options> Support, enable debug mode.
- Use a VPN (e.g. TunnelBear), or a proxy server, to change your IP address.
- Open your site as follows: http://yoursite.com/?aelia_cs_dgd=1. The aelia_cs_dgd argument will force the plugin to discard the currency associated with your session and to detect it again. Furthermore, the log file produced by the plugin will contain the details of the detection (received IP address, detected country, detected currency).
- When you have completed the testing, remember to disable the debug mode.
- How does Currency Switcher geolocation detection mechanism work?
- Geolocation doesn't seem to work properly - Causes and solutions
- The currency conversion doesn't seem to work with caching enabled